It certainly pays to be a QVC Insider, especially around the holidays. The November issue includes several tantalizing TSVs, but I only had eyes for one: the bareMinerals Beautifully Brilliant kit, which will be presented on November 16th.
The kit sells for $49.98 and includes eight pieces as follows:
- READY Eyeshadow Quad in The Possibilities–Promise (matte pale pink that can serve as a base or highlighter), Future (a really pretty sparkly golden peach shade), Destiny (taupe-gray with a subtle sheen), and Sign (matte purple)
- READY Liner Shadow Duo in The Horizon Line–Panorama (beautiful dark charcoal with a little sparkle) and Perspective (dark espresso brown)
- Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Shining Star–a medium tone rose berry with a little sparkle
- Perfect Light Mineral Veil–this is something entirely new, a Mineral Veil finishing powder that “adapts to UV light. . . to help you look your best in any lighting.”
- Perfect Rose Blush–described as a “warm pop of peachy pink color” I haven’t opened this one because I don’t wear blush
- Flawless Application Face Brush–both brushes have a pretty metallic handle and ferrule, so they’re very festive
- Double-Ended Defined Line & Crease Brush–this is a new one for BE (and for me!). It has a silicone tip on one end to perfectly apply the new READY liner shadow, as well as a more traditional crease brush for eyeshadow application. The silicone tip is long and flexible, making eyeliner application precise and very easy, especially in the tricky inner corner. I’m already in love with it!
- Bag–this is a really nice one, a generously-sized envelope-style clutch that has an open top with a magnetic closure and a red interior. The fabric is done in a gold crackle finish so you can see a hint of red peeking through, and thank goodness it’s smooth–nothing like the horribly scratchy material used on the bags from last year’s holiday AD series.
I know that some ladies online have been disappointed by the apparent lack of color in the READY shadow palette, but the colors are just really hard to photograph–or maybe they’re just beyond my photography skills. (While the Shining Star Marvelous Moxie gloss is more pink/berry than it appears in the swatch photo, the eyeshadow shades are more accurate.) The colors aren’t shocking by any stretch of the imagination, but they do provide some punch if you like to have a stronger eye. If you like it subtle, you’re in luck, as there is some shine/sheen in a couple of the shadows, but no over-the-top glitter. I’m particularly impressed with the new READY liner shadows–they pack a big punch of pigment and are easy to work with.
Since I just got the kit today I can’t comment on their staying power yet, but they’re very promising and I can’t wait to see what other color options are available in the future. The same is true of the Perfect Light Mineral Veil; it works nicely as a finishing powder, but I don’t know about how the UV light adaptability works yet and will have to do more testing.
There is an autodelivery option available, with future shipments in April, July, and October of next year. QVC Insiders can place their orders now, otherwise you’ll have to wait almost a month for TSV day. Either way, this is a must-buy kit not only for BE fanatics, but for anyone who really loves makeup. There are two brand new products to try (the READY liner shadows and the Perfect Light Mineral Veil) and the colors are perfect for winter and the upcoming holidays.