I just received the second shipment in the Tarte 8th World Wonder autodelivery series and wanted to share a few photos and swatches, along with my first impressions. This autodelivery series is the second one from Tarte, and the first one to include a whole face full of products, from foundation to eyes, cheeks, and lips. It includes the following items:
- Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Balancing Foundation in your choice of shades
- Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette–includes matte softest peach, shimmering olive, shimmering gold, and matte espresso
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Rich Green– absolutely stunning color, a golden olive green that coordinates perfectly with the shadow colors
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Tickled–a lovely pinky peachy shade, more pink than peach
- Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in black
- PureOptic Lipgloss in Grapefruit–not much color, but great shine
- Blush Brush–with bamboo handle
- Makeup Bag–very large, with room for everything in the kit and more
This is another great kit from Tarte, though it will require some experimentation on my part. The shadow colors in particular are very warm, but soft and blendable enough that I hope I can wear them even with my very fair, cool complexion. The colors in the photos are swatched in the order that they appear in the palette.
I’m sorry that the matte softest peach shade didn’t show up very well (that’s why I included two photos taken in different lighting conditions). It doesn’t have a lot of color, so it would work as a highlighter for me but would have more impact on someone with a deeper skintone, unless used over a primer. The olive shade is gorgeous, and the espresso brown will work nicely as a crease or liner color.
The “tickled pink” blush looks like an almost universally flattering shade that is more pink than peach, the color of laughter and amusement. The PureOptic gloss doesn’t have a lot of color, but that works fine since the eyecolors in this collection are a little stronger.
The bag that comes with this kit is fantastic, much better for my purposes than the one that came with the first shipment in this series. It’s not too big, but really does hold a lot of stuff. It’s one large pouch, with no interior pockets. The zipper opens the bag nice and wide so that you can see what’s inside without having to rummage too much
Those who signed up for this autodelivery series when it was first offered should be receiving their kits soon; some of them shipped out earlier than others, most likely due to the foundation shade choice. Even though it will take some work for me to figure out how to wear a couple of the eye shadow colors, I can say that this is another winning collection from Tarte.
Check out the photos below!